Breathwork is a great option for those interested in the healing potential of altered states of consciousness, but not wanting to dive into the deep end with a full blown psychedelic ceremony.
Although many people report it being equally, if not more powerful than some of their psychedelic experiences, it is a less intimidating experience because one is able to stop it and return to a normal waking state at any time by simply slowing down their breathing.
It is an opportunity to delve into our psyche's and bodies, feel into what is out of alignment, and allow the natural healing intelligence of the body to do its thing.
We are honoured to be collaborating with the legendary Jean Rossouw from Bodhi Breathwork for this event.
Find details on what to expect, the benefits, donation options, what to bring, contraindications and how to prepare below.
SIGN UP TO JOIN FOR
16 NOVEMBER 2021
This Online Conscious Breathwork session is ideal for first timers or experienced breathers. We will start with a short introduction, followed by a calming breath awareness practice, then we will engage in the technique of Conscious Connected Breathing.
Conscious Connected Breathing is a method of breath control that gives rise to expanded states of consciousness and has an effect on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being as we activate the body’s inner healing intelligence.
The journey will be guided by carefully curated music and the intelligence of your own circular, connected breath. This combination allows you to move into a heart space while accessing expanded states of consciousness. The process brings more energy and awareness into the body as the breather experiences a vibrational shift which releases suppressed energy, emotions, stress and trauma. This journey activates both unconscious discomfort and ecstatic bliss as the intelligence of Life Force energy (Prana/Qi) leads us to exactly where we need to awaken and let go.
The process allows one to:
* become aware of self-limiting habits
* open to the capacity for self-healing
* re-pattern dysfunctional breathing patterns
* shift thoughts and feelings around the unknown
* examine limiting beliefs and emotional addictions
* resolve and bring awareness to unhealthy patterns and conditioning
* experience states of pure, unconditional love, acceptance and bliss
During the session you will have the opportunity to access your own internal healing energy and greater knowing in a safe and held space, allowing for a powerful shift in yourself and your life.
After the session you will have time to gently come back to your normal state of being. There will be time for questions and sharing your experience with other participants if you prefer. Follow-up support and integration tips will be emailed to participants.
THIS IS A FREE EVENT, BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DONATE AS AN ENERGETIC EXCHANGE:
Name: Bodhi Breathwork
Chq Acc num: 62757042967
Please add name and workshop date as payment reference and send proof of payment to:
or via Paypal
What to have with you:
- Comfortable clothing
- Mat/Matras to lie on
- Blanket and pillow
- Speaker or earphones
- Eye mask (optional)
Conscious Breathwork may result in certain physiological changes in the body and can also result in intense physical and emotional release. Therefore, it is advisable to contact me before a session if any of the following conditions relate to you currently:
4. Detached Retina
5. Family history of aneurysms
6. High Blood Pressure that is not controlled with medication.
7. Use of prescription blood thinning medications such as Coumadin
8. Strokes, seizures, TIAs or other brain/neurological condition or disease
9. Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
10. Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
11. Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.
By joining my Breathwork sessions you take full responsibility and release me as the facilitator, Jean Rossouw from any liability claims.
How to prepare for this work:
* Hydrate 2 hours before, light veggie meal at least an hour before the session. Preferably no Alcohol at least a day before the session.
* Mindfulness practices can support the preparation process, such as movement practices, yoga, dancing, a massage, grounding with nature, walks, meditation, mindful eating, quiet time, etc. Sometimes just being aware of what shows up in your life, insights, day dreams, night dreams, etc.
* To trust that this session is perfectly relevant to you on the day, see it as a wonderful gift to yourself!
Looking forward to have you there!