Psychedelics are a Human Right
"I think it is one of the most immoral things that has ever happened to western society - that the attempt by people to better themselves has been shunned and criminalized."
Paul-Michael Keichel is a force to be reckoned with.
He is an internationally recognized and well respected lawyer at Schindler’s Attorneys.
If you’re looking for someone to thank for the legalisation of marijuana in South Africa, he is your guy. With a vast range of knowledge, a bright intellect and razor-sharp wit, he is exactly the type of person that you want on your side of the court room.
And he is currently spearheading the case to reschedule psilocybin (magic mushrooms) in South Africa.
It is an honour to present to you such an important conversation with the legendary Paul-Michael Keichel.
IN THIS EPISODE:
· The current legal status of psilocybin in South Africa
· How we ended up putting magic mushrooms and crack in the same schedule
· Nate’s journey of healing his depression with psychedelics
· Similarities between the Marijuana and Psilocybin cases
· The argument for the decriminalization of psilocybin
· Paul-Michael’s personal relationship with psychedelics
· PMK’s estimation of when we might see psilocybin legalized
· The Backfire effect: why pushing psychedelics (or anything) on people is counterproductive
· Book recommendations on the topic
· Can children take psychedelics?
· Debugging unhelpful mental code
· The difference between the Shaman and the Psychiatrist
· LOTS MORE…
NOTE: We lost our previous petition data as the host shutdown unexpectedly, so please sign again if you signed before this episode's release.
If you think that psilocybin should be rescheduled SIGN THE PETITION